|Photo by Gabriella Clare Marino | unsplash.com|
La Trobe's 2021 Academic Writing Month starts next week - find out what's on the programme!
The #LTUAcWriMo photography competition is back on. The theme this year is "Significant", through the lens of your writing. This can be interpreted many different ways, and we hope you'll bring your own creative spin to it.
It has been a challenge of a year, perhaps even more so than 2020, so it could be what has been significant in keeping you focused on writing, happy as a writer, or well as a researcher. Conversely, it could be what have been significant hurdles or challenges. What is significant in your life when it comes to writing?
This competition, with a fabulous book voucher prize, is open to all La Trobe University researchers (graduate researchers and staff).
To enter, take a photo that aligns with the theme, and submit it via a moderated padlet gallery (full guidelines below). It's as simple as that!
The photo competition's judging criteria are:
- the quality, composition, and aesthetics of the photo; and
- the photo's interpretation of the chosen theme
The more creative and fresher your interpretation of the theme, the better!
The photos will be judged by a panel of three enthusiastic La Trobe staff from various levels and areas of expertise. Entries for the #LTUacwrimo photo competition must be received by 4.30pm on MONDAY 22 November.
Conditions of competition:
- Photos should be submitted via this padlet: #LTUAcWriMo Photo Comp 2021
- The entries must include a short caption (max. 30 words) that complements the image.
- The photo entry must be a single image, not a collage.
- Besides basic photo editing for clarity and size (e.g. contrast/lightening, cropping, and resizing), photos must not be digitally altered.
- Photos must be taken by you during the #LTUacwrimo photo competition period (1-22 November 2021).
- You may post more than one photo during the competition round but you must nominate one competition entry for judging.
- Note that all entries to the photo competition may be used for #LTUAcWriMo promotion and communications. All images used in this way will acknowledge the photographer.
- The judges' decision is final.
Good luck, folks!
The winner of the photo competition will be announced on Monday 29 November during the closing #LTUAcWriMo tweetchat at 10-11am.
Here's the 2020 Photo Competition winner from Anuja Cabraal.
Anuja's caption: "What helps me get my writing done? The knowledge that when I start writing, my ideas and thoughts will start to gain clarity, and I can eventually send them out into the world."