|Kodak Six-16 Folding Camera|
Photo by J.W. Sherman | www.flickr.com/photos/polymerchemist
This year, the RED team is running an Academic Writing Month photo competition with a trio of themes: "Inspiration/Perspiration/Motivation".
This competition, with a fabulous prize of $150 worth of Co-op Bookshop gift vouchers, is open to all research candidates and staff members of La Trobe University who are signed up for the #LTUacwrimo challenge.
To enter, take a photo that aligns with one of the themes, and submit it via Twitter (full guidelines below). It's as simple as that!
The photo competition's judging criteria are:
- the quality, composition, and aesthetics of the photo; and
- the photo's interpretation of the chosen theme from the trio on offer - "Inspiration/Perspiration/Motivation"
The photos will be judged by a panel of La Trobe staff:
- Professor Sue Martin (Associate PVC Research, Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce)
- Mr Mark Engel (La Trobe's Chief Marketing Officer)
- Mr Rob Chong (Business Partner - Research, Alumni and Advancement)
- Dr Tseen Khoo (RED team, Graduate Research School)
Competition guidelines and conditions appear below.
Conditions of competition:
- Photos should be submitted via Twitter. The entry tweets MUST include the #LTUacwrimo tag and the theme you have chosen from the three possibilities as hashtags (Inspiration, Perspiration, or Motivation).
- If you don't have a Twitter account and would like to enter the competition, please email your photo entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, nominating the theme you've chosen, by 4.30pm Friday 20 November. Non-Twitter entries will not be accepted after this day.
- The photo entry must be a single image, not a collage.
- Besides basic photo editing for clarity and size (e.g. contrast/lightening, cropping, and resizing), photos must not be digitally altered.
- Photos must be taken during the #LTUacwrimo photo competition period (3-24 November 2015).
- Note that all entries to the photo competition may be used for #LTUacwrimo promotion and communications. All images used in this way will acknowledge the photographer.
- The judges' decision is final.
The winner of the photo competition will be announced on Monday 30 November at the final #LTUacwrimo tweetchat.