|Photo by Sharon McCutcheon | unsplash.com|
If you want to know all there is to know about what's on at La Trobe University in the researcher education and development space, here's what you need to do:
1. Bookmark the RED workshops page - the page features all the sessions RED offers, plus those presented by partner La Trobe University teams and units. These include the Library, Digital Research, the Research Impact team, Business Development and Commercialisation, Research Office, and the Research Platforms.
2. Sign up to Graduate Research Scholar, a fortnightly newsletter compiled by RED and the Library that features workshops, special events, resources, training, tips, and news relevant to La Trobe Uni researchers.
3. Subscribe to this blog! Look for the "Subscribe" link under the main blog title - just drop in your email address and you'll have fresh posts delivered straight to your Inbox.
4. Follow us on Twitter (@LTUresearchers). This is a great way to know about and access online chats, workshop reminders, what's happening in research at La Trobe Uni, livetweets of research events, and relevant links to good stuff on academic writing, publishing, grants, and being a researcher. Really, what doesn't this stream do?
5. 'Like' us on Facebook - our page is La Trobe Researchers. This is a good way to have us in your everyday Facebook browsing, if that's where you're most at home. You'll get to know about upcoming RED sessions, researcher development news, what's happening in research at La Trobe, and relevant links to good stuff on academic writing, publishing, grants, and being a researcher.
6. If you're an Early Career Researcher (ECR) or Mid Career Researcher (MCR), you can join our tailored mailing lists - email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added! An ECR is usually an academic who has been awarded their PhD and is within 5-7 years of the award year. An MCR is usually an academic who has been awarded their PhD and is within 7-15 years of the award year. Anyone who identifies as an ECR or MCR, however, is welcome to join those respective lists.