All researchers are welcome to participate!
What is a tweetchat?
A tweetchat is a live Twitter event that takes place at a set day and time; often, tweetchats are an hour long. All researchers are welcome to participate.
Tweetchats have a host who facilitates the discussion, and is focused on a relevant topic (e.g. how to publish quality papers, balancing life while doing a PhD, or making time to write).
To filter all the chatter on Twitter into a single conversation a hashtag is used. For our tweetchats, we often use #LTUREDchat, or special theme tags during focus weeks (like #LTUcareers for Careers Week or #LTUacwrimo for Academic Writing Month).
Why would I participate?
You can participate in tweetchats no matter where you are (as long as you can access Twitter), and it gives you the opportunity to talk with colleagues from around La Trobe and beyond.
Being part of tweetchats is a great way to build your online networks and get to know your peers. It gives you the chance to showcase your expertise and engagement style, and build your Twitter skills.
How do I participate?
It's very easy!
- Register for the specific tweetchat you're interested in.
- Before the tweetchat, have a think about what questions you'd like to ask or things you'd like to say. If you had relevant links or resources you'd like to share, that would be great!
- At the designated time, go to Twitter and search/follow the relevant hashtag (e.g. #LTUREDchat, #LTUcareers, or #LTUAcWriMo).
- Chat and have fun!
Can I run a tweetchat?
If you'd like to run a tweetchat with La Trobe researchers about an aspect of research life or researcher development, we'd be happy to work with you on it! To get started:
- Think of a good topic.
- Prepare four questions about this topic that would generate conversation.
- Contact us at email@example.com and we can discuss it further.